in the Pipeline
Winter Namm 2007
Once again, by my estimate, Roland takes the
lead as the company with the most new and exciting products for our craft.
price and expected availability
- Complete production solution, from beat
creation and multitrack recording to mixing, mastering and CD burning
- Tight integration of drum machine-style
pattern recording and DAW-style linear recording
- Realtime control of audio pitch and time,
groove quantize, and pattern/song arrangements — great for both studio and
- World-class sound library pre-installed on
the internal hard drive
- Legendary Roland instrument and effects
models onboard, including TR-808, TR-909,
SRV reverb, SDD-320 Chorus,
SBF-325 Flanger, Boss BF-2 and HF-2, and
RE-201 Space Echo
- Three MIDI ports (IN x 1, OUT x 2) for
connecting external MIDI devices
- Color LCD with icon-oriented interface
- Accepts external VGA monitor (optional) and
Well, it looks nicer, but its still a
16 bit sampling engine. Cool FX
and expected availability
- Multiple forms of advanced synthesis under the
control of a friendly, icon-driven interface
- New AP (Articulative Phrase) SYNTHESIS technology
models the performance behavior and nuance of musical instruments
- Includes Roland’s proprietary Elastic Audio Synthesis
engine plus Vocal Designer, playable simultaneously
- Sound Shaper II offers incredibly easy and efficient
- Futuristic, high-quality industrial design
- Color touch-screen display with wide viewing angle
Tweak: Do I want one? Color touch screen is cool. No mention of
the D-series card and details on what the new "articulativer synthesis is.
Their website lacks detail.
- Dual modeling engines allow guitar and amp models to be dynamically
switched, layered and combined.
- New COSM electric, acoustic and
even bass guitar models, and new synth waves such as the famous
- Guitar to MIDI converter
for direct connection to keyboards, sound modules, soft synths, computers,
and other MID compatible devices.
- Supports USB audio and MIDI for easy digital recording and sequencing.
- Dual GT-Pro-class effects processor enables unequalled flexible tone
- Advanced performance controls, including D BEAM, V-LINK, and Ribbon
Controller take guitar performance to a whole new level.
- Simple and intuitive knob based interface and new design support live
- Graphical Editor software included to support sophisticated sound
- Versatile I/O including USB,
S/PDIF, XLR provide pro connections for virtually every type of music
production and performance on stage to professional studio recording
Tweak: Now we are
talkin'. Putting the guitar to MIDI converter in the box might win me
over. I can't wait to try it!
and expected availability
Introducing the next generation of EDIROL’s
popular MIDI keyboard controllers. In addition to providing more physical
controls than previous models, the PCR-800 also offers new innovative and
intuitive controls. All three models are solidly built, and optimized for both
music production and live performance
it's about time the Majors got back into the controller market.
and expected availability
- 6-channel full digital mixer with
24-bit/96kHz internal processing
- 3-band EQ controls (Q & Freq.) with graphic
LCD for precise tone shaping
- Easy-to-use operation with common
analog mixer controls
- 2-piece mixer+module design
- “Room Acoustic Control” for automatic room
- Built-in pro-quality effects, including COSM
insert effects, reverb effects, and finalize effects
- Flexible analog and digital I/O, including
four high-quality mic preamps
USB 2.0 audio interface for
computer multi-track recording
- AC adaptor and connection cable (2 meter, 6
ft.) included. Optional DXC-7 Connection Cable (7 meter, 23ft.) available.
- Cakewalk SONAR LE CD-ROM included
Whoah. This surprised me. I thought little digi
mixers were as dead as 2002. Not so when you add an audio interface.
The M3 features a number of innovations
distilled from the flagship OASYS including the new EDS (Enhanced Definition
Synthesis) sound generator derived from the HD-1 engine design, the advanced
second-generation KARMA functionality, and the multi-purpose control surface.
Adding innovations such as the new concept of "virtualized hardware" that
allows an even closer integration with DAW systems, Drum Tracks which provide
a instant groove to play along with, and the new "Korg Komponent System"
concept that facilitates more flexible system construction, the M3 music
workstation/sampler opens a new and exciting page in music making, and is the
workstation that rightfully deserves to wear the "M" that started it all.
- Enhanced Definition Synthesis --- a new
horizon of sound-making potential
- Funky Drummer
- Expanded Combination Mode
- Great sounds
- 2nd Generation KARMA
- Ultimate expressive power
- RADIAS inside
- Open Sampling
- New High-Resolution Sequencer
- Virtualized hardware
- Four models
- Korg Komponent System
- A rich array of input/output jacks
Move over Triton, the Karma is back, now with a Radias and the Oasys engine.
This synth could be a lot of fun.
- MMT synthesis
- Two filters with selectable routing
- Amp section with a Drive/Waveshaping circuit
- Multiple EGs and LFOs
- Virtual Patches for sophisticated
- Dramatic tonal changes from the Modulation
- Formant Motion produces personalized Vocoder
- Effects to enhance the sound
- Flexible arpeggiator
- 128 powerful programs
- Process and transform external audio sources
- A full complement of displays and indicators\
- Editor/librarian software included
- Intuitive touch-pad interface gives you
fingertip effect control in real-time.
- The smallest body in the KAOSS PAD series.
- Battery operation and a carrying strap make
it an ideal choice for any scene.
- One hundred effects including filter, delay,
and looper meet the needs of any musical style.
- Numerous BPM effects are provided. You can
use the "TAP/BPM button" to synchronize the mini-KP to your song’s tempo,
and apply a wide range of effects to your music.
- "FX RELEASE" function provides a natural
decay when changing effects or removing your finger from the pad.
- Hold function lets you memorize the position
at which you touched the touch-pad when you release your finger.
- Use the two memory keys A and B to store your
favorite effect program settings, including the effect depth and the Hold
- 2 tracks, 2-track recording/playback
- 1-bit audio formats - DSDIFF, DSF, WSD:
2.8224 MHz @ 1-bit, 5.6448 MHz @ 1-bit
- PCM audio formats - WAV, BWF: 44.1 kHz @
16/24-bit, 48 kHz @ 16/24-bit, 88.2 kHz @ 24-bit, 96 kHz @ 24-bit, 176.4 kHz
@ 24-bit, 192 kHz @ 24-bit
- MP3 format - playback only
(MP3 format support will be added in an upcoming free update. This system
updater is expected be available in the middle of 2007 via KORG
- Internal Hard Disk Drive:
- Recording Time:
Max Approx. 31 Hours (44.1 kHz @ 16-bit, 2-track)
Tweak: Now i know why I waited for a portable. if the price is
good it will be mine. Thumbs Up.
popular MS-20 and Polysix from the original KORG Legacy Collection are now
joined by the all-new Mono/Poly in this powerful production package. The
Legacy Cell software synthesizer plus MS-20FX and MDE-X effect plug-ins are
Mono/Poly software synthesizer
The Mono/Poly, a four-VCO monophonic/polyphonic synthesizer
that went on sale
in 1981 was considered the culmination of Korg’s experience building analog
synthesizers. It was released at the same time as the Polysix, and because of
their capabilities as well as their price, these two instruments caused a
revolution in the synthesizer world. Many musicians acclaimed the Mono/Poly as
one of Korg’s best synthesizers, with a number of unique characteristics.
- Designed for high-quality digital and analog
- EQ Variety
- FireWire control over audio and MIDI
- A full complement of effects
- Next-generation KAOSS effects
- A complete MIDI control surface
Go To Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8